Subject: building Tcl/Tk with GNU-Win32
From: [email-masked] (Terry Westley)

6 Sep 1997 16:24:59 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "'GNU-Win32 Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet E-mail/MAPI - 8.0.0.4211
Encoding: 45 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Does anyone have a makefile for building Tcl/Tk (either version 7.6 or 8.0)
in GNU-Win32 environment?

Obviously, this has been done with Tcl7.6/Tk4.2 since GNU-Win32/b18 
includes
a libtcl7.6.a and a libtk4.2.a.

All I'm really trying to do is compile tkConsole.c and I can't seem to get
the proper combination of include files.  The version of gcc in use here is
that shipped with GNAT3.09, so it's not identical to Gnu-Win32/b18.  But,
if I can get tkConsole.c to compile in Gnu-Win32, I can probably get it to
work in GNAT.

Following is what I get when compiling tkConsole.c:

gcc -c -I/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic -I/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/win 
-I/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/xlib -I/progra~1/tcl/tcl7.6/generic 
-I/progra~1/tcl/tcl7.6/win -I/MSDEV/include 
/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkConsole.c
In file included from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/win/tkWinPort.h:29,
                 from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkPort.h:27,
                 from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkInt.h:26,
                 from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkConsole.c:16:
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:412: parse error before `)'
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:412: parse error before `)'
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:420: parse error before `)'
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:420: parse error before `)'
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:444: parse error before `)'
/MSDEV/include/stdlib.h:445: parse error before `)'
In file included from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkPort.h:27,
                 from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkInt.h:26,
                 from /progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/generic/tkConsole.c:16:
/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/win/tkWinPort.h:101: warning: `struct timeval' declared 
inside parameter list
/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/win/tkWinPort.h:101: warning: its scope is only this 
definition or declaration,
/progra~1/tcl/tk4.2/win/tkWinPort.h:101: warning: which is probably not 
what you want.
MAKE.EXE: *** [tkConsole.o] Error 1

--
Terry J. Westley, Principal Engineer
Calspan SRL Corp, P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225
[email-masked]   http://www.calspansrl.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".