Subject: Compiler Operator Dysfunction
From: [email-masked] (Collen Allard)

6 Sep 1997 05:39:31 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.02 [en] (Win95; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

 I am not a programmer, but want to be.  I am currently learning
C++ on my own and got a copy of your compiler in the book i
purchased. (Teach Yourself C++ In 24 Hours by Jesse Liberty).  I
have read through all the .txt files, the FAQ several times, and I
just can't figure how to make the compiler work. (probably too
many years in the Windows environment)  I have altered my
autoexec.bat as indicated in the Installing the Binary Release
section. I then created a "hello.cpp" file using notepad.  Of
course windows wanted to save that with a .txt extention, so I
then edited the name in exlorer to leave it as a .cpp.  I then
open a DOS window and try to compile the program by using the gcc
hello.cpp -lstdc++ command and nothing happens.
I know this is the most basic of questions but it really hinders
my progress.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much for you help.
Rick Allen

[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".