Subject: b19 -- what gcc/g++ snapshot? egcs?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

5 Sep 1997 22:56:39 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

What gcc/g++ snapshot can we expect in b19? I personally would like to
see egcs (970901 or post preferably since that fixes most of the major 
known problems on ix86).

for those of who don't know what egcs is, check out the egcs
(experimental GCC project) at http://www.cygnus.com/egcs.

I've built all the egcs snapshots with gnu-win32 b18.1 so far with
updated libiberty, libio and libstdc++, but unfortunately never got
around to testing it.  Easy to build on a linux box, but hard to test
it unless you also have a machine running '95/NT handy ;-) Anyone else
out there doing this? I'd like to compare notes on linker warnings when
building new-cygwin.dll (ld complains about virtual table size
mismatches for class fhandler_console and a few others as well as a few
of the RTTI type_info objects).

Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".