Subject: 'Less' help needed
From: [email-masked] (Tibor Polgar)

5 Sep 1997 00:43:59 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.02 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm just checking if someone has seen this problem.  less does work
fine for me in the default 80x24 bash command window (with TERM=linux).
But when i alter the "layout" properties to have a screen buffer of 
80x2000(lines) less, vim, etc all get confused and put the : at the top
of the screen, etc.  But when i go back to the "broken" way of TERM=ansi
although less gives me the standard error message, it at least scrolls
correctly.  VIM also is happy.

Any suggestions (other than enjoy the error message).

-- 
Tibor Polgar                                 Alteon Networks
[email-masked]                             6351 San Ignacio Ave.
(408)360-5522                                San Jose, CA  95119
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".