Subject: bash env parse broken
From: [email-masked] (Eric Mills)

4 Sep 1997 00:20:18 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Authentication-Warning: sydney.dialix.com.au: osiruucp set sender to sydney!eric using -f
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

on NT4.0sp3 gnu-win32 B18 ... sourcing the following 12 lines into bash:

HOMEPATH="\"
export HOMEPATH
UNAME="NT 4.0"
export UNAME
NEW_RELEASE="28/08/97"
export NEW_RELEASE
TCL_LIBRARY="C:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6"
export TCL_LIBRARY
PATH=".:/bin:/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/bin:/WINNT/system32:/WINNT:/msdev/bin:/fax/dev:/fax/dev"
export PATH
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX="C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\"
export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX

Gives the following:

(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) In cygwin_except_handler
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) Exception trapped!
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) exception C0000005 at 10029AD0
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) exception: ax 244E234 bx 336E6977 cx 244E2C4 dx 1004762
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) exception: si FFFFFFFF di 244E2C4 bp 244E198 sp 244E194
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) Stack trace:
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 0: sp = 0x244DFC8, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 1: sp = 0x244DFE4, pc = 0x77F94512
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 2: sp = 0x244E008, pc = 0x77F88EEB
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 3: sp = 0x244E094, pc = 0x77F76266
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 4: sp = 0x244E198, pc = 0x10016211
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) frame 5: sp = 0x244E3C8, pc = 0x433D5849
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) In cygwin_except_handler
(C:\bin\sh.exe 5869) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

If you delete some lines of the above 12 bash gets confused and complains
about unmatched "... and also seems to get in a mode where it ignores and
strips " and tries to run serveral lines as a command name....

I could not see any reference to similar problems anywhere else...

2. Using ^C while make is running produced the following message:
"fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error -1073741510"
and sent make into an infinite loop. This seems fairly repeatable.
Perhaps new exception handling in b19 will help... how long to?

Thanks,
Eric Mills.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".