Subject: Installation Problems with GNU-WIN32
From: [email-masked] ("Jeff Smathers")

31 Aug 1997 02:51:27 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCB30D.2679E240"
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.1008.3
X-MimeOle: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.1008.3
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCB30D.2679E240
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I am new to GNU (sorry about that). I am planning to take Jesse =
Liberty's class on C++ at ZD University. I run Win95 on a P-166 Intel =
box with 24Meg RAM. I am also using MS IE4.0.  I have followed the =
install directions to the best of my ability including set the path =
setting and the environment variables.  I have installed version 18 (or =
is it 1.8?).=20

I get this message: "GCC.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp'. =
No such file or directory. I know that that is supposed to mean I have =
not set the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable correctly. However, when I run SET =
I can see this (among all the other variables) =
"GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=3DD:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\.

So, I am stumped. I have searched various places for help but cannot get =
beyond the basic directions.  Can someone tell me where to look (or =
exactly what is wrong)?

TIA.....Jeff Smathers

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCB30D.2679E240
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.71.1008.3"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I am new to GNU =
(sorry about=20
that). I am planning to take Jesse Liberty's class on C++ at ZD =
University. I=20
run Win95 on a P-166 Intel box with 24Meg RAM. I am also using MS =
IE4.0.&nbsp; I=20
have followed the install directions to the best of my ability including =
set the=20
path setting and the environment variables.&nbsp; I have installed =
version 18=20
(or is it 1.8?).&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>I get this message: =
&quot;GCC.EXE:=20
installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp'. No such file or directory. I =
know that=20
that is supposed to mean I have not set the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable =
correctly.=20
However, when I run SET I can see this (among all the other variables)=20
&quot;GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=3DD:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\.</FO=
NT>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>So, I am stumped. I have =
searched=20
various places for help but cannot get beyond the basic =
directions.&nbsp; Can=20
someone tell me where to look (or exactly what is wrong)?</FONT>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2>TIA.....Jeff =
Smathers</FONT>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BCB30D.2679E240--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".