Subject: Your text files could be be in .html
From: [email-masked] (Jari Aalto)

30 Aug 1997 14:39:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]> (pgp preferred [email-masked] | pgp -fka)
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-info: Emacs tiny tools: ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/
X-Pgp-Signed: Id=0x47141D35; Comment="Processed by Emacs TinyPgp.el 1.259";
  SignedHeaders=Subject, Reply-to; 
  Version=2.6.3ia; Charset=noconv; Signature=
  "iQBVAwUBNABo/cC67dVHFB01AQGI6AIApL81KGWYcrPYUB13VdCMr8aRHQn/M3M4"
  "MYU/W3gd2+bceAj3ShDtxP2ZnOXMtPbd+TDxPFF4//l5n2aFt3s+VA=="
  "=KtbQ"
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

        Hi,

        I just Browsed the great http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/
        and looked into the ftp directories where you have some
        text files.

        I'm and Emacs elisp programmer and I have developed a simple
        text file format which I call 'Technical text' (TF). I
        Just though to drop you a note if you're interested in keeping
        your text documentation in that format.

            ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/tiny-docs.html#378

        The benefits:

        o   You write text file as usual, Only indent it a bit
            differently (TAB set to 4)
        o   There is special Emacs minor mode to help you: format
            paragraphs, create TOC automatically etc.
        o   You can feed the file to t2html.pls Perl4 script
            that turns the apge into identical .html page.
            All links are automatically made clickable, link
            verification feature is coming real soon

        In short: With few (2 minute) work, you can convert any .txt
        file into .html. And you don't need html editor for that.

        As an example, see my web pages that are created from plain text
        files.

            ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/tiny-tools.tar.gz -- Whole kit
            ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/t2html.pls        -- Perl script

        "What's Technical format's layout like?". Well, you just
        look at in this mail message. Nothing special, just indentation.

        Cheers!
        jari

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".