Subject: b18: cygwin_except_handler failure on deref NULL
From: [email-masked] (Steven Pemberton)

30 Aug 1997 08:01:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <UTC199708260951.LAA10319=[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have a program that generates limits.h and float.h. It is also an
extremely good compiler tester. You can find it at:

	http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/enquire.html

An earlier version is part of the gcc distribution and apparently was
used to generate the float.h include file of b18.

Compiling and running it with b18 causes a run-time failure (and bash
hangs) with the message:

	(ENQUIRE.EXE 1011) In cygwin_except_handler

I don't know what the 1011 refers to, but if it's a line number, that
is not where it failed.

It failed at the point where the program looks to see if dereferencing
NULL causes a trap (which is done using setjmp, and dereferencing NULL).

Steven Pemberton, CWI, Amsterdam; [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".