Subject: RE: Include Path Error
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

25 Aug 1997 02:49:50 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BCB14C.9D7D59C0.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'Dan Rearick'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Dan Rearick[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
[snip]
>Entered: 
>	gcc hello.c
>Results:
>	hello.c:1: No include path in which to find stdio.h
>	GCC.EXE: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 33
[snip]
>GCC_EXEC_PREFIX = C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
>TCL_LIBRARY = C:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
>GDBTK_LIBRARY = C:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl
>PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\MSSQL\BIN;C:\UTL;C:\PERL\BIN;C:\OPTIALL;C:
>\KIPP\BIN;C:\PROGRAMF\MTI\OCRFF_16;C:\OCRFF\OCR\WORDSCAN.30;C:\OCRFF\KIPP\BIN;C:
>\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\BIN;C:\GNUWIN32\B18\TCL\BIN;C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386
>-CYGWIN32\LIB\GCC-LIB\I386-CYGWIN32\CYGNUS-2.7.2-970404;C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-C
>YGWIN32\I386-CYGWIN32\INCLUDE
[snip]

You shouldn't need C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\LIB\GCC-LIB\I386-CYGWIN32\
CYGNUS-2.7.2-970404 in your PATH (unless you are running cpp directly...
possibly an issue with rcl). It *might* be necessary to add it to LIBRARY_PATH.
Neither do you need C:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\I386-CYGWIN32\INCLUDE in
your PATH, but you might try adding it to your C_INCLUDE_PATH and/or
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH instead. On the other hand, GCC generally searches these
paths automagically (and before environment variable or command line
specified paths, which can be annoying if you want to exclude them) if
everything is set up normally. Try running gcc with the -v option and looking
at the least of searched include paths.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- [email-masked] - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".