Subject: RE: Resource Compiler
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

24 Aug 1997 20:54:40 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BCB146.DD5B3360.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "'Lucas Madar'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Lucas Madar[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>	Are there any freeware resource compilers/builders out there? I've tried
>rcl, which gives me tons and tons of errors no matter how I try running the
>preprocessor..

There is a resource compiler included with LCC if I remember correctly (slap
me if I'm wrong) and there's also a resource compiler included with rsxnt
(a package to build NT programs with DJGPP). I don't know if either of these
alternatives will work much better though. You can get to them both from my
homepage (see .sig, follow the GCC link, and then go to the Extras page).

You might also try posting a short example of your .rc script and the typical
error output. I have managed to get rcl to compile some reasonable scripts
although there are still some severe bugs and holes in functionality (the
version I have won't handle accelerators and seems to have problems with
dialog box definitions sometimes which I have been able to work around by
including extra dummy dialog box definitions in the resource file).

Anyway, good luck,

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- [email-masked] - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".