Subject: problem building a dll that uses other dll's
From: [email-masked] ("Dan Goldwater")

24 Aug 1997 15:58:05 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Win32 (v2.54)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!
I am trying to build a DLL which has function calls which must be
resolved into existing win32 DLL's.

I am using b18 on winNT 4.0.  i have MSVC 5.0 available.

Following the instructions for building a relocatable dll, i get an
output but each of the three ld steps reports all the undefined
references for the functions which are in the existing win32 dll's.  i had
to add the --noinhibit-exec option to ld so that it wouldn't delete the
output dll due to the errors.  if i try to use the result dll, it says it 
is an invalid image...

when i build this project on solaris, the linker doesn't complain about the
undefined references, and they are resolved to appropriate existing .so
files at runtime.

is there some option i need to give ld so it knows i want to resolve the
references at runtime to the existing dll's?  or am i clueless?

thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------
Dan Goldwater          [email-masked]
http://fatmac.ee.cornell.edu/~goldwada
---------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".