Subject: Link Failure with 3rd party Windows DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Anthony Tuininga)

24 Aug 1997 15:38:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.0.1457.3)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I looked at the mailing list archive and noticed that one other person
got this result and had queried the list but I haven't seen a response
to date. Perhaps this information will make it easier to track down the
problem and suggest a solution -- I am a programmer by trade and so do
not necessarily have a problem with making the fix myself. Note that I
am not a compiler/linker programmer, however. :-)

I compiled and linked successfully a C program (one of Oracle's OCI demo
programs) against the OCIW32.LIB (Oracle Call Interface library) which
contains pointers to the OCIW32.DLL and I got the following result when
I tried to run the program:

The procedure entry point  could not be found in the dynamic link
library OCIW32.DLL.

Using nm and the link I noticed that the call points are null in the
library OCIW32.LIB which seems the root cause of the problem (or is this
normal?). Trying nm on the DLL itself simply says "no symbols".

Any pointers at all are appreciated! I really like the GCC/G++ compilers
and have used them extensively over the past five years -- this port to
Windows NT will really make life a lot easier for me!

Anthony

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".