Subject: Anybody tried compiling xfig 3.2?
From: [email-masked] ("Anees A. Shaikh")

24 Aug 1997 15:34:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm trying to get xfig running on my Win95 box under b18.  Using
precompiled X11 libs from Arlindo and cygwin.dll from Sergey (not the
latest) I was able to compile with the following mods:

-   replace calls to random/srandom with rand/srand
-   force it to use dirent.h structs rather than dir.h -- there is no
dir.h

I still got warnings because xfig unfortunately uses a macro called
O_TEXT that is also in sys/fcntl.h (if I remember correctly) but I
didn't think this would cause a problem.

I also compiled libjpeg and libXpm pretty much out of the box
(necessary for xfig).  I did get some "incompatible pointer type"
warnings for bcopy calls though that I ignored.

My assumption that getting it to compile would result in a working
binary didn't hold.  It seems to start up okay but then immediately
crashes with an exception.

I haven't really given enough detail for someone to help debug what
I've done but I'm hoping someone has been successful in getting a
working xfig and can tell me what I've overlooked perhaps.

Thanks very much.

Anees
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".