Subject: Q: gnu-win32 retargetability
From: [email-masked] (Mikkel Lauritsen)

24 Aug 1997 11:19:15 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (X11; I; SunOS 4.1.3_U1 sun4c)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all,

I'm new to the gnu-win32 tools, so this might be a somewhat stupid
question. Any pointers to information will be much appreciated;
I've been going through the FAQ and some of the mailing list archives
to no avail.

What I would like to know is if the gnu-win32 tools support cross
development, that is handling non-native file formats on NT? One
of the advantages of the gnu binutils is that they are very easy
to retarget - just compile with --target=whatever, and you're all
set. Do the gnu-win32 tools also support this in a simple way, or
does retargeting require a larger effort?

TIA
Mikkel Lauritsen
-- 
Mikkel Lauritsen                 E-mail: [email-masked]
DDC-I A/S                         Phone: +45 4587 2077 ext. 275
Gl. Lundtoftevej 1B                 Fax: +45 4587 2217
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".