Subject: fseek bug in b18
From: [email-masked] (Wolfram Seibold)

24 Aug 1997 08:53:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (X11; I; HP-UX B.10.20 9000/780)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I had no success in using the fseek function under Windows NT 4.0
on NTFS file system. My workaround is reading n bytes from the
beginning of the file, but this is very slow.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Wolfram Seibold
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
!ACHTUNG ADRESSAENDERUNG!                                       !NEW
ADDRESS!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universitaet Stuttgart                   University of Stuttgart
Institut fuer Nachrichtenvermittlung     Institute of Communication
und Datenverarbeitung                    Networks and Computer
Engineering
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h. c. P. J. Kuehn     Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h. c. P. J.
Kuehn

Pfaffenwaldring 47                       Pfaffenwaldring 47
70569 Stuttgart                          70569 Stuttgart
                                         Germany
                  Wolfram Seibold
                  Tel. : +49 711 685 7965
                  Fax  : +49 711 685 7983
                  EMail: [email-masked]
                  WWW  : http://www.ind.uni-stuttgart.de/IND/MA/Se/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".