Subject: building winsup (cross)
From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)

23 Aug 1997 23:59:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Assuming a resource compiler for cross building of res files
is in the subdirectory cdk/winsup I'm trying to build

--target=i386-cygwin32

and compiling it on the cross build machine yields:

gcc -c -g -O2 -I./msinclude -I./include -I. -I./../libstdc++/stl -I./../libio -I../libio -I./../newlib/libc/include -nostdinc++ ../librx/rx.c
In file included from ../librx/rx.c:41:
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:144: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:145: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:146: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:174: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:219: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:220: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h:221: parse error before `__gnuc_va_list'
.../librx/rx.h: In function `rx_search':
In file included from ../librx/rx.c:111:
.../librx/rx.h:3635: warning: passing arg 1 of `bcopy' from incompatible pointer type
.../librx/rx.h:3635: warning: passing arg 2 of `bcopy' from incompatible pointer type
.../librx/rx.h:3637: warning: passing arg 1 of `bcopy' from incompatible pointer type
.../librx/rx.h:3637: warning: passing arg 2 of `bcopy' from incompatible pointer type
^Cgmake: *** [../librx/rx.o] Interrupt

Anyone knowing what the problem is here?

.../newlib/libc/include/stdio.h has:
#ifdef __GNUC__
#define __VALIST __gnuc_va_list
#else
#define __VALIST char* 
#endif
  
-- 
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".