Subject: how to build a dll that uses other dll's?
From: [email-masked] (Dan Goldwater)

23 Aug 1997 18:09:21 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (WinNT; U)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!
I am trying to build a DLL which has function calls which must be
resolved into existing win32 DLL's.

Following the instructions for building a relocatable dll, i get an
output but each of the three ld steps reports all the undefined
references for the functions which are in the existing win32 dll's.  i
had to add the --noinhibit-exec option to ld so that it wouldn't delete
the output dll due to the errors.

when i build this project on solaris, the linker doesn't complain about
the undefined references, and they are resolved to appropriate existing
..so files at runtime.

is there some option i need to give ld so it knows i want to resolve the
references at runtime to the existing dll's?  or am i clueless?

thanks!
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Goldwater     [email-masked]
                  http://fatmac.ee.cornell.edu/~goldwada
---------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".