Subject: Re: Cygwin32 API
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

20 Aug 1997 21:02:38 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked] (Bill Leigh)
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Bill Leigh" at Aug 18, 97 03:31:19 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Bill Leigh wrote:
> 
> Where would I find documentation about the use of the API?

Currently, the documentation == the source code in most cases.
src/winsup and src/newlib contain most of the code that goes into
the cygwin.dll.

You should also read the FAQ although that doesn't say too much
about the API.  There are also the ChangeLog files in the source
directories -- search for the routine you want to know about.

If someone wants to help me document the Cygwin32 API, please
let me know.  This is really something that needs to be done.
(Defining the scope and listing limitations in terms of which
functions are only supported under Win NT and which work on
Win NT and 95).

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".