Subject: Re: Tcl/Tk with extensions under cyg-win32?
From: [email-masked] (Fergus Henderson)

17 Aug 1997 17:43:31 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

You write:

>I was hoping somebody has had some experience with what I want to do. I'd
>like to compile Tk/Tcl 4.2/7.6 with several extensions, including itcl 2.2,
>TclX, Expect, and Scotty (Tnm). I'd like to compile them as shared
>libraries/loadable packages, if that is possible under cyg-win32. If not, I
>suppose I can just link them in statically, it's just that I'd rather not.
>
>I was wondering if anyone had any experience in doing this and, if so, what
>problems were run into. How much had to be changed to compile under
>cyg-win32? What target opsys did you use, linux? What other things should I
>be concerned about when I go about doing this.

Check <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh/gnu-win32/gnu-win32.html> for some
instructions regarding an easy way to build DLLs using gnu-win32 b18.
If you use the Makefile.DLLs listed on that page, then you need to make
only minor changes.

If you want loadable packages (i.e. dlopen() etc.) then b18 is
not sufficient.  However, someone recently posted a patch to support
dlopen() and friends, so check the mail archives.

--
Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>   |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger [email-masked]         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".