Subject: Question about GCC & G++
From: [email-masked]

17 Aug 1997 17:24:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just downloaded GNU-Win32 yesterday and the whole virtual UNIX is very
confusing to me.  All I want to use are G++ (C++?) and GCC (C?), and I was
wondering, basically, how do I compile programs with these?  Do I make the
source in a text file with a certain extension?  I have only programmed in
DOS C++ so I have never used UNIX compilers before.  Plus, I was reading the
FAQ and saw something about V.  I looked through the GNU tools to find this
but could not so I went to the V web page and downloaded it since I want to
try programming in a Visual C++ type of environment and to try making windows
applications.  The install directions, though, said nothing about how to set
it up under GNU-Win32.  How do I set up V with GNU-Win32?

Thanks,

Scott Bradley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".