Subject: bash hangs on startup
From: [email-masked] (Ryan de Jonckheere)

15 Aug 1997 23:21:18 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I actually have two problems.  The first is bash 2.01 seems to hang when
it starts up, or at least wait a really long time with the latest
cygwin.dll from the coolview package (and what a great package that is!).
If I replace cygwin.dll with one from mid july (the first one where remote
telnetd would run) bash runs fine without pausing.  I checked my
/etc/passwd and /etc/group files (no CR/LF, just LF, fields appear fine)
I tried setting my $HOME variable int the system control panel, unsetting
it, but all to no avail...  Finally I give up, it is more of an annoyance
really, because after a while bash does start running, but then every 5
commands or so it pauses for a lng time again.  I've actually started
using Cmd.exe (gasp!) because of this.

My other problem is with telnetd.  I managed to set it up correctly on one
computer, and it works fine there, but on the machine I spoke of above, I
always get "Login Incorrect" message.  I checked the User Rights, the user
inetd is running under is a domain account, and is the same account on
both computers.  Each machine is windows nt 4.0 sp3.  The problematic
computer is server and the working one is workstation.

If any one can help, I will be forever indebted to him/her.

Ryan

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".