Subject: Re: Problem compiling/linking large number of object files.
From: [email-masked] (Richard Stanton)

15 Aug 1997 15:31:19 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

The problem actually seems to be related to using the emx C compiler
under NT, rather than being related to GNU make. It's thus not exactly
100% relevant to this list, for which I apologise, but maybe someone
out there has an idea what's wrong:

At a command prompt, I tried the command

gcc -o np2f.exe -Le:/lib np2f.o parse.o matrix.o nonpar.o nrutil.o matstat.o constant.o sort.o locate.o quantile.o powi.o indsort.o brent.o dfpmin.o gamma.o linmin.o gradcd.o mnbrak.o ranlib.o intutils.o ols.o chol.o cholbksb.o invpd.o t.o f.o beta.o gammln.o mthutl.o -lm

Nothing happened - I quickly got a command prompt back, but no .exe
file was created. The problem seems to be something to do with the
number of files, or length of the command line, as shorter lists of .o
files work fine.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.

Richard Stanton

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".