Subject: How to avoid GNU make case sensitivity?
From: [email-masked] (Richard Stanton)

15 Aug 1997 00:30:01 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have lots of C files on a FAT (DOS style) formatted disk. Now I'm
running NT, and when I try to use GNU make to compile stuff, it
doesn't recognize the files' existence, since NT thinks all the
filenames are upper case. For example, if I type

make test.o

I get an error message about not having a rule to make test.o, when a
directory listing shows the file TEST.C existing on the
drive. Renaming it manually to test.c allows me to compile it OK, but
I'd rather avoid manually renaming every .C file on my system one at a
time.

Is there a way to tell GNU make to ignore case?

Richard Stanton

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".