Subject: What Terminal are there?
From: [email-masked] (Erwin Achermann)

14 Aug 1997 09:15:33 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Howdy, 

forgive me if this is too lame a newby question. When starting a bash it
opens a dos-Terminal with no scroll bar. Well that's not a big problem,
i just need 'less'. Ok, there i went, compiled termcap and 'less' it all
went fairly well, I think i slowly am back to my beloved
Unix-Environment :) 
But heck, my Dos-Terminal doesn't let me enter the '|' , nor the []s,
nor the '@' nor the '#' nor the '~' !!!! They all are entered by using
the Alt-Gr Key, so you see I am sitting at a swiss-german Keyboard with
these Symbols at very unpleasant places. It is very cumbersome with
Cut'n'Paste especially when my Terminal doesn't seem to constantly react
on Paste.... sigh!
Can someone of you kind souls out there tell me, what decent Terminal SW
for NT4 there are and where to get them? 

Thank for all pointers

Erwin 

-- 
|Erwin Achermann                        phone:  +41-1-632 74 40      |
|Institute of Scientific Computing      fax:    +41-1-632 11 72      |
|ETH Zurich, IFW C29.2                  mailto:[email-masked]  |
|8092 Zurich, Switzerland  http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/~acherman |
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".