Subject: Makefiles
From: [email-masked] (kD00D)

13 Aug 1997 17:56:31 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.1.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

D:\DIST\SRC> MAKE
MAKE SMAUG
MAKE: *** No rule to make target `act_com.o', needed by `smaug'.  Stop.
MAKE.EXE: *** [all] Error 2

{Actual screen capture}

  I am trying to get SMAUG for Win32 to compile. I am having problems. The
SMAUG works fine under Win95 and WinNt here. However, I cannont get it to
compile a make file. Aboce it the actual screen shot of the error I get. Any
suggestions would be appreciated. Below is a a copy of the makefile I am
using. The author uses the exact same file, and has it working on his system.
  If I manually compile the gcc -c to all the *.c files then make will work,
however, I get errors in the final executable.
  Thanks for any help in advance.

----- MAKEFILE. -----
CC      = gcc
PROF    =
NOCRYPT =
#Uncomment the next line if you want request support
#DBUGFLG = -DREQUESTS
C_FLAGS = -g3 -Wall $(PROF) $(NOCRYPT) $(DBUGFLG)
L_FLAGS = $(PROF)

O_FILES = act_comm.o act_info.o act_move.o act_obj.o act_wiz.o boards.o \
	  build.o clans.o comm.o comments.o const.o db.o deity.o fight.o \
	  handler.o hashstr.o ibuild.o id.o interp.o magic.o makeobjs.o \
	  mapout.o misc.o mpxset.o mud_comm.o mud_prog.o player.o requests.o \
	  reset.o save.o shops.o skills.o special.o tables.o track.o update.o \
	  grub.o

C_FILES = act_comm.c act_info.c act_move.c act_obj.c act_wiz.c boards.c \
	  build.c clans.c comm.c comments.c const.c db.c deity.c fight.c \
	  handler.c hashstr.c ibuild.c id.c interp.c magic.c makeobjs.c \
	  mapout.c misc.c mpxset.c mud_comm.c mud_prog.c player.c requests.c \
	  reset.c save.c shops.c skills.c special.c tables.c track.c update.c \
	  grub.c

H_FILES = mud.h bet.h

all:
#       co $(H_FILES)
	make smaug
#       rm -f $(H_FILES)

smaug: $(O_FILES)
	rm -f smaug.exe
	$(CC) $(L_FLAGS) -o smaug $(O_FILES) 
	chmod g+w smaug.exe
	chmod g+w $(O_FILES)

..c.o: mud.h
	$(CC) -c $(C_FLAGS) -DNOCRYPT $<

clean:
	rm -f $(O_FILES)
-----

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".