Subject: GNU C and MSVC++ libraries
From: [email-masked] (Jiten J Shah)

13 Aug 1997 06:41:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01 (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello !!!
	I am using GNU C available from
`ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest' on NT. It is very very
useful for me to port my UNIX application onto NT with that. 
 
       I need some help. We have Hummingbird XDK on NT for
developing/porting X client application. They provide libraries like
xlib.lib, xt.lib on NT. From FAQ, I understand that mixing of GNU C and
MSVC++ is possible provided we use link.exe from Microsoft. We tried
generating object file with CYGNUS C compiler. And use link.exe to link
it with xlib.lib. It generates executable but does not run properly. It
gives following error : "The procedure entry point could not be located
in the dynamic link library xlib.dll". Hummingbird tech support person
got the same error and advised me to get some help from CYGNUS.
 
Can you please give me some information on how to use MSVC++ libraries
with GNU C?

Thanks in advance.
Jiten J. Shah
Honeywell India Software Operation
Bangalore
INDIA
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".