Subject: (Fwd) Mail Delivery Failure.
From: [email-masked] ("Ken Cantrell")

8 Aug 1997 09:48:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
Comments: Authenticated sender is <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Confirm-Reading-To: [email-masked]
X-Pmrqc: 1
X-Mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v2.54)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I seem to have found a bug with "tar."  I'm using b18 (without any of 
Sergey's modifications).

The command 
   tar -cvf t.tar p6_das2bin.c p6_das2bin.h Makefile changelog 
works fine, but 
  tar -cvf t08081997-10:46.tar p6_das2bin.c p6_das2bin.h Makefile changelog    

on the same set of files give the following errors:

(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) In cygwin_except_handler
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) Exception trapped!
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) exception C0000005 at 40A9D7
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) exception: ax 2E84072 bx 41D070cx2E84091 dx 2E84097 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) exception: si 241FA0E di 0 bp 241F27C sp 241F218 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) Stack trace: 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe1268) frame 0: sp = 0x241F04C, pc = 0x1000CEC2 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 1: sp =0x241F068, pc = 0x77F94072 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 2: sp= 0x241F08C, pc = 0x77F88A53 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 3: sp = 0x241F118, pc = 0x77F75E82 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 4: sp = 0x241F27C, pc = 0x402046 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 5: sp = 0x241F2E4, pc = 0x404300 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 6: sp = 0x241F304, pc = 0x40E1ED 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 7: sp = 0x241F31C, pc = 0x1000C102 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 8: sp = 0x241FF94, pc = 0x1000C113 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 9: sp = 0x241FFA0, pc = 0x41A7C1 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 10: sp = 0x241FFB0, pc =0x40103B 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 11: sp = 0x241FFC0, pc = 0x77F1AFC1 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) frame 12: sp = 0x241FFF0, pc = 0x0 
(c:\gnuwin32\b18\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\tar.exe 1268) End of stack trace

*****************************************************
Ken Cantrell
Performance Modeling
Data General, RTP
[email-masked]; (919) 248 - 5879
**** Don't forget to Smile...that's why God gave us Fangs ****
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".