Subject: Fw: Berkley DB 2.2.6 (alias libdb)
From: [email-masked] ("Thorsten Kitz")

8 Aug 1997 08:43:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "GNU-Win32 Liste" <[email-masked]>
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1160
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

 Hey,

I tried to compile the Berkley database system (db 2.2.6 or libdb) with
beta 18 and all worked well. I didn't get any compiler errors or warnings,
but when it came to
testing (with TCL testscripts, distributed in the libdb package) nothing
really worked. Here is an extract
from the all.out file:

------------------------------------------------------- cut here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
run_method: DB_BTREE 1 1 
12:20:36 (00:00:00)
Test001: DB_BTREE 10000 equal key/data pairs
	Test001.a: put/get loop
	Test001.b: dump file
dbtest: unable to create/retrieve page 56
dbtest: TESTDIR/test001.db: put: more blocks returned than retrieved
Test001: key/data mismatch: |-1| ||
run_method: DB_BTREE 2 2 
12:20:47 (00:00:00)
Test002: DB_BTREE 10000 key <fixed data> pairs
	Test002.a: put/get loop
	Test002.b: dump file
dbtest: unable to create/retrieve page 54
dbtest: TESTDIR/test002.db: put: more blocks returned than retrieved
Test002: data mismatch for key -1: ||
|abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz|
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) In cygwin_except_handler
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) Exception trapped!
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) exception C0000005 at 414032
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) exception: ax FFFEFFFF bx 33B7B58 cx
33B7B54 dx FFFFFFFC
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) exception: si 423 di D539 bp 243DACC sp
243DAC0
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) Stack trace:
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 0: sp = 0x243D8F4, pc = 0x1000CEC2
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 1: sp = 0x243D910, pc = 0x77FA4512
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 2: sp = 0x243D934, pc = 0x77F98EEB
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 3: sp = 0x243D9C0, pc = 0x77F86266
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 4: sp = 0x243DACC, pc = 0x41B9B5
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 5: sp = 0x243DB14, pc = 0x4108F8
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 6: sp = 0x243DB6C, pc = 0x42DB9E
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 7: sp = 0x243DB8C, pc = 0x42A082
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 8: sp = 0x243DBB0, pc = 0x4294D9
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 9: sp = 0x243DC08, pc = 0x40960F
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 10: sp = 0x243DC80, pc = 0x40893E
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 11: sp = 0x243DCA4, pc = 0x25627FB
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 12: sp = 0x243DE14, pc = 0x257D05B
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 13: sp = 0x243DE30, pc = 0x257D3A9
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 14: sp = 0x243DE74, pc = 0x256259D
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) frame 15: sp = 0x243DFF4, pc = 0x256492B
(E:\temp\db-2.2.6\dbtest.exe 1004) End of stack trace (more stack frames
may be present)
FAIL: test002 DB_BTREE
run_method: DB_BTREE 3 3 
12:21:01 (00:00:00)
Test003: DB_BTREE filename=key filecontents=data pairs
	Test003.a: put/get loop
Error 0

run_method: DB_BTREE 4 4 
12:21:02 (00:00:00)
Test004: DB_BTREE 10000 delete small key; medium data pairs
	Test004.a: put/get loop
	Test004.b: get/delete loop
dbtest: unable to create/retrieve page 54
dbtest: TESTDIR/test004.db: put: more blocks returned than retrieved
FAIL:12:21:35 (00:00:33) Test004:-1: expected -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, got 
run_method: DB_BTREE 5 5 
12:21:36 (00:00:00)
Test005: DB_BTREE 10000 delete small key; medium data pairs(with close)
	Test005.a: put/get loop
dbtest: TESTDIR/test004.db: file size not a multiple of the pagesize
	Test005.b: get/delete loop
invalid command name "dbopen: Error 0
"
------------------------------------------------------- cut here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you see, there are several problems, starting from access problems to
the database up to system exceptions. Since it compiled well and my
knowledge of debugging
foreign C++ programs is very limited, does anybody knows an answer for this
or does
anybody have successfully compiled and tested the Berkley DB?

Thanks,

Thorsten.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".