Subject: Debugging info for commercial linkers?
From: [email-masked] (Tim Iverson)

8 Aug 1997 02:24:27 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL25]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just noticed that my linker (PharLap) isn't picking up debugging
information from the GCC compiled objects.  I'm using -gcoff (obviously
stabs won't work).  According to objdump, the output file looks like it has
all the right debug stuff in it, but the linker is ignoring it.

Is coff debug format just too different from pe-i386?  I was under the
impression that the formats were almost identical.  Since the linker isn't
dying on the coff debug records, I suspect it isn't too different.  Anyone
wanna point me to a pe-i386 format reference so I can fix it?

Please don't tell me the -gcoff format is correct for pe-i386 debugging;
that would mean I'll have to add OMF support to BFD -- I'm stuck with the
linker.  ;-(

Thanks,

- Tim Iverson
  [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".