Subject: patch - strange behaviour
From: [email-masked] (Wolfgang Bachmann)

7 Aug 1997 15:17:03 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <v02130500b00fc1f21707.cygnus.gnu-win32@[193.83.160.71]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi gnuwinners,

I've tried to apply Mumit Khan's patches to b18 and experienced very strage
behaviour of patch:

patch aborts a after some patches, typically a few files, with the message
"Assertion hunk failed ..." (don't remember exact wording).

If I split the patch file into seven parts, I can apply the separate patch
files without problems. I can live with that, but it's inconvenient.

Has anyone got an idea what's going on?

TIA.

Cheers, Wolfgang

<exhaustive signature stripped to save bandwidth>

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".