Subject: RE: latest Sergey's update (08/01) crashes on Win95
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

7 Aug 1997 11:50:40 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 35 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Chris Faylor wrote:
> >Ditto me too.  I've got a valid /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
>
> I have contributed some code to the latest coolview release which seems
> to be misbehaving on Windows 95.  I am actively tracking it down now, but
> it looks like it is a really strange problem; possibly a bug in Windows 
95.
>

While searching for a win95-specific problems in the last cygwin.dll, I 
have found the following bugs in Windows95:

1. The application hangs when tries to resume non-suspended thread. 
Workaround: suspend the thread before resuming :-)

2. MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() returns WAIT_FAILED with errno 
ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE instead of WAIT_OBJECT_0+N when the waited process is 
killed with three-finger salute. Workaround: just wait again :-)

3. InterlockedIncrement()/InterlockedDecrement() returns the temperature on 
the Shri-Lanka coast instead of operation result :-) This results in 
incorrect tty allocation and the messages like "free_tty: count < 0". I 
don't know a good workaround, and didn't fix it yet. I think, the tty 
support should be completely disabled on #$%@'95.

> So, don't blame Sergey.  It's probably my fault.

Try to write to [email-masked] :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".