Subject: Imake Question ?
From: [email-masked] (Bruce Ashfield)

6 Aug 1997 23:08:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'll first give the standard disclaimer:

I've searched through the mailing list archive, but
didn't see (or missed) any reported problems similar
to mine. Also, I've been using gnu-win32 since b17
and have been nothing but pleased.

Now for the problem:

Recently, I downloaded the X11R6.3 gnu-win32 port and
installed it on my system. (NT4.0, running b18). Now
that I've finally gotten rid of the application faults,
etc. .. I want to compile/port some of my favorite work and
Linux applications. My problem is with imake, more
specifically it doesn't generate a valid Makefile.

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the guts of Imake, but
I'm not a novice user, so I've played around with the templates,
to the point where Imake runs. But .. generated Makefiles never
correctly compile the application, since things like linking
in the X libs are not present, or dependencies are messed up.

It appears that others have X applications running and compiling,
so I was hoping for some advice/flames/pointers to where I
might have gone wrong. If any more info is needed I'd be more
than happy to provide details.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Ashfield

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".