Subject: About your compiler
From: [email-masked] ("Christine Behrens")

5 Aug 1997 00:40:46 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

	Hi, my name is Tony Philippsen.  I have recently decided to delve into the 
world of computer programming.  I have need of a C++ compiler for an online 
course in this language, and I was given your name as a source for a compiler. 
 Unfortunately, my knowledge in this area is nothing less than pathetic, and I 
am completely confused by your download page (not your fault).  The course 
requires a compiler that can "write to standard output", "it must support 
templates", and "must support exceptions".  I was wondering if yours met all 
of these criteria.  I read your "Read Me" file, and could not discern if your 
compiler met these requirements because I have no idea what they mean.  I 
would appreciate some help in answering these questions if you have the time.  
Also, if this compiler ( I don't even know what a compiler really is!) meets 
these requirements, I sure could use any help you would be willing to give me 
regarding downloading the proper files to my computer.  As I said, I was able 
to access your download area, but have no idea which files I need to insure a 
working compiler is installed at my end.  

			Please Help,

				Tony Philippsen
				[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".