Subject: Re: helpful hints to build dlls in Win32 using cygwin (gnu)
From: [email-masked] (Padmakar Vishnubhatt)

31 Jul 1997 18:34:00 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.01 [en] (Win95; I)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I did exactly as u recommended in your hints - and yet I get the
following error when I run the linker (ld).  Am I missing something in
the cygwin distribution?

/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libccrt0.o)(.text+0x
8a):libccrt0.cc: undefined reference to `GetModuleHandleA@4'
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x
c):libcmain.cc: undefined reference to `GetModuleHandleA@4'
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x
15):libcmain.cc: undefined reference to `GetCommandLineA@0'
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x
1e):libcmain.cc: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

As a work around, I included Kernel32.lib and Mfcs40.lib from my VC++
(4.0) directory in the ld command (the above symbols get resolved with
these libraries from ms) and I could a dll file built. This led me to
the suspicion that I may be missing something from the cygwin
distribution - I downloaded cdk.exe from the latest directory (I think
it is b18). (From where I am in my application, I'd like to build my app
without any thing from the MS VC++ distribution - hence the question)

Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance

Padmakar Vishnubhatt
mailto: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".