Subject: building a cross system under FreeBSD - ld configure error
From: [email-masked] (Christoph Kukulies)

31 Jul 1997 07:25:28 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I unpacked cdk-src.tar.gz from b18 and started

../configure
Configuring for a i386-unknown-freebsd3.0 host.

After a while configure exited with an error during configuring in 'ld'.

Examining ld/config.log gave:

configure:1307: checking whether free must be declared
configure:1355: checking whether sbrk must be declared
configure:1403: checking whether getenv must be declared
isdn-kukulies# tail -20 config.log
configure:1128: checking for dirent.h that defines DIR
configure:1141: gcc -O2 -c -g -O2  conftest.c 1>&5
configure:1166: checking for opendir in -ldir
configure:1185: gcc -O2 -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -ldir   1>&5
ld: -ldir: no match
configure: failed program was:
#line 1174 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char opendir();

int main() {
opendir()
; return 0; }
configure:1259: checking whether strstr must be declared
configure:1307: checking whether free must be declared
configure:1355: checking whether sbrk must be declared
configure:1403: checking whether getenv must be declared

Anyone familar with configure?

-- 
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".