Subject: patch: correct behaviour of dlls ( init & fork )
From: [email-masked] ("Philippe GIACINTI")

31 Jul 1997 03:44:23 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Face: ^cJc2\tiS@#Ja@7laz+N]T)kL{-Kay)Oz"?}p[wuY#}}dO"enP!QVO{,}&4P2V[hEfJD]9&
              E1ou~|tY/|9d&7c,7yf>7n: Zj8FD(LtPXWHzy^OJIDi/~O~R]3x/5}"7P;|,*%f:3Z!>h8Ff/&)g?/
              }$RXQ
X-Mailer: Z-Mail (3.2.3 08feb96 MediaMail)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Dear all,

I have made some work to let dlls have almost the same behavior as so on UNIX:

	- implementation of dlopen,dlclose,dlsym,dlerror
	- correct init when loaded + call of global contructors
	- call of global destructors when detached
	- dlls are accessible and correctly initialized in forked process
	- handles got through dlopen or dlsym in parent are accessible in child
	- use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in dlopen search

I think it can help people who need an intensive use of dll ( plugins ... )

My patch is 59082 bytes, so I will not send it to the list.
Anyway, if you are interested, send me a mail and I will send you the patch
personnaly ...

Regards.

P.S: I will send the patch to Geoffrey Noer

-- 

 ==========================================================================
|                         Philippe GIACINTI                                |
|                                                                          |
| DALiM GmbH R&D                                email:  [email-masked]      |
| Daimler Strasse 2,                            tel:    +49.7851.9196-28   |
| D-77694 Kehl-Sundheim Germany                 fax:    +49.7851.73576	   |
|                                                                          |
 ==========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".