Subject: Where are Reg* implemented?
From: [email-masked] (Rolf Welde Skeie)

30 Jul 1997 18:47:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.0b5 [en] (WinNT; I)
Original-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I copied this testprogram from the M$ manuals, which uses
the RegOpenKeyExA, RegQueryValueExA, RegQueryInfoKeyA and
RegCloseKey functions. They are defined in windows.h, and
a quick "strings -f *.a | grep Reg" finds the symbols in
libadvapi32.a

gcc -ladvapi32    pdh.c   -o pdh
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x129):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegOpenKeyExA@20'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x14a):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegQueryValueExA@24'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x153):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegCloseKey@4'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x186):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegOpenKeyExA@20'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x1a7):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegQueryInfoKeyA@48'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x1db):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegQueryValueExA@24'
C:\tmp\cc0012571.o(.text+0x2d1):pdh.c: undefined reference to
`RegQueryValueExA@24'
make: *** [pdh] Error 1

What am I missing??
-- 
  Rolf Welde Skeie        Senior Design Engineer    =+=
__mailto:[email-masked]://www.scali.com___====+====__
  Tel   +47 6384 6700     Scali AS               ====+====
  Fax   +47 6384 4005     Hvamstubben 17         ====+====
  Home  +44 181 946 0650  2013 Skjetten             =+= 
  Mob   +47 9095 4406     NORWAY                  o==V==o

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".