Subject: Re: Perl & GNU-Win32
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

29 Jul 1997 14:34:37 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked] (Unverified)
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 01:03 AM 7/27/97 GMT, Chris Faylor wrote:
>In article <[email-masked]>,
>Larry Hall  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>..with Sergey's last coolview it isn't necessary to change
>>>anything. Scrolling even in console windows with scrollbars works
>>>perfectly !!!
>>
>>I'm confused by your statement that vim works fine with Sergey's latest 
>>coolview and consoles with scrollbars.  I'm currently running this DLL
>>(circa 7/24/97) with vim on NT 4.0 + SP3 and I still have the scroll down
>>problem on consoles with scrollbars.  I have removed cs and the "7"s from
>>my linux termcap description however (I did this even before getting 
>>Sergey's DLL).  Do you have any suggestions on how I can coax vim to 
>>behave as you describe?  Did you need to recompile vim?  Since I'm 
>>anxious to get this "next to last" problem with vim cleared up on my
>>system, I'd appreciate any suggestions you or others might have.
>
>I put cs= back in the linux termcap definition and vim works fine with
>scrollbars now.  Probably that's all you need to do.  No recompilation
>needed.
>-- 
>http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
>VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."

You are quite correct!  This works great now!  Thanks for your help.

Larry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".