Subject: cout ta get me
From: david=[email-masked]

28 Jul 1997 04:38:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-plan-QK-From: DAVID MAKEPEACE@PLAN-IH#
X-plan-QK-ID: 0072980
X-plan-Gateway-ID: 38416
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm getting this from a program with cout in it:

c:\windows\TEMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0*20):ex2.cc:undefined reference to 'cout'
c:\windows\TEMP\cc0010001.o(.text+0*25):ex2.cc:undefined reference to
'ostream::operator<<(char const*)'
GCC.EXE: internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

Have I installed wrong? I followed the installation guide but may have messed up
at the mount /tmp bit. Bash doesn't seem to have a problem any more (I used to
get a "bash can't find /tmp, please create one' message but not any longer).
Still, I didn't really understand what I was doing or why so It could have all
gone horribly wrong.

Otherwise I'm thinking this sounds like gcc isn't recognising the difference
between c and c++ source (printf works fine).
iostream.h is where it should be and my environment variable settings are
correct as far as I know. Any ideas?

Chow-fuh-now,

David Makepeace
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".