Subject: Re: .tar.gz
From: [email-masked] (Tim Davidson)

27 Jul 1997 21:50:08 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> from "Justin Hopkins" at Jul 27, 97 01:00:38 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL25]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> 
> Can someone tell me how to untar, and un-zip a file with
> this extension, using gnu-win32's tools? Thanks.
> 
> Justin Hopkins
> 

Try

    tar xzf file.tar.gz

If you are not using GNU tar then you may have to unzip the file
before untarring

    gunzip -c file.tar.gz | tar xf -

Tim

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Tim Davidson                     E-mail:  [email-masked]
Mathematical Modeller
HRL Technology Pty Ltd           Phone (Voice): 61 3 9565 9895
677 Springvale Road                    (FAX)  : 61 3 9565 9777
Mulgrave Victoria 3170
AUSTRALIA
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".