Subject: RE: Anybody ported ircII? Identd?
From: [email-masked] (Colten Edwards)

27 Jul 1997 02:23:05 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <01BC9A35.33E26330.cygnus.gnu-win32@panasync>
Original-To: GNU Win 32 <[email-masked]>, "'Sonic Junior'" <[email-masked]>
Encoding: 39 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

----------
From: 	Sonic Junior
Sent: 	Saturday, July 26, 1997 8:12 PM
To: 	GNU Win 32
Subject: 	Anybody ported ircII? Identd?

	Has anyone ported ircII? (Preferably 2.9 roof). I wanted a copy to run on
my Telnetd (cause I have IRCD on there) on Windows NT... I tried it, but
could only get it running with the -d switch (and I'd prefer without -d).
It has to be a console mode, compatible with Telnetd, preferably a port
done with Cygwin.
	Also, does anyone know of a good Identd for Telnetd? Since I run an NT
server, I was hoping that maybe there was an Identd that... let's say, for
example, a user called Doobie telnets in and runs ircII (see above). Is
there an identd that, since it is an Cygwin app, could figure out that is
Doobie and when the server requests his identd, return Doobie?

Actually, I've ported BitchX which is EPIC compatible to Cygwin. I had to 
replace the term handling with my own for 2 reasons.
1. console.cc was/is a mess
2. Some semblance of speed was needed as BitchX is a ansi client.

The newest coolview cygwin.dll has broken term handling as far as I'm 
concerned and it really needs to be fixed. I'd like to use it, because I 
can't have a builtin identd server as a thread using the older cygwin.dll. 
Signal handling was really broken and it seems to be hard to mix and match 
straight windows calls and cygwin.

ftp://aurora.bridges.edu and download BitchX97-a5.zip... I think I even 
include a identd server. Btw the source for the unix version of BX will now 
compile on either Win95/NT with cygwin32 or unix systems.

						Colten Edwards
						panasync@efnet

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".