Subject: Re: Perl & GNU-Win32
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

26 Jul 1997 18:42:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test57 (27 Apr 97)
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Perl5 Mail::Internet v1.28
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Larry Hall  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>..with Sergey's last coolview it isn't necessary to change
>>anything. Scrolling even in console windows with scrollbars works
>>perfectly !!!
>
>I'm confused by your statement that vim works fine with Sergey's latest 
>coolview and consoles with scrollbars.  I'm currently running this DLL
>(circa 7/24/97) with vim on NT 4.0 + SP3 and I still have the scroll down
>problem on consoles with scrollbars.  I have removed cs and the "7"s from
>my linux termcap description however (I did this even before getting 
>Sergey's DLL).  Do you have any suggestions on how I can coax vim to 
>behave as you describe?  Did you need to recompile vim?  Since I'm 
>anxious to get this "next to last" problem with vim cleared up on my
>system, I'd appreciate any suggestions you or others might have.

I put cs= back in the linux termcap definition and vim works fine with
scrollbars now.  Probably that's all you need to do.  No recompilation
needed.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".