Subject: Re: Perl & GNU-Win32
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

26 Jul 1997 13:49:48 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.2 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke), [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

At 12:41 PM 7/26/97 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>
>[...]
>> >I don't use vim's termcap, but Cygnus' one - it also contained these
>> >entries. After removing them, vim worked perfectly !!
>> 
>> ???  I was referring to Cygnus's termcap.  I'm not sure what else you
>> supposed that I was referring to.
>
>The source package of vim also brings a termcap with it !
>I thought you were referring to that one. I don't know, whether they are
>identical.
>
>[...]
>> ???  The statement is correct.  If you are using a version of vim that
>> was compiled to use termcap instead of ncurses, you need to remove the
>> cs= from the linux entry in the termcap distributed by Cygnus.  On my
>> system this is in c:/etc.
>
>Yes, you are right, but that wasn't, what I meant :)
>Anyway, with Sergey's last coolview it isn't necessary to change
>anything. Scrolling even in console windows with scrollbars works
>perfectly !!!
>
>Again: Thanks to Sergey.
>
>Bye.
>Michael.

Hi Michael,

I'm confused by your statement that vim works fine with Sergey's latest 
coolview and consoles with scrollbars.  I'm currently running this DLL
(circa 7/24/97) with vim on NT 4.0 + SP3 and I still have the scroll down
problem on consoles with scrollbars.  I have removed cs and the "7"s from
my linux termcap description however (I did this even before getting 
Sergey's DLL).  Do you have any suggestions on how I can coax vim to 
behave as you describe?  Did you need to recompile vim?  Since I'm 
anxious to get this "next to last" problem with vim cleared up on my
system, I'd appreciate any suggestions you or others might have.

TIA,

Larry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".