Subject: GNU Win 32 compiler
From: [email-masked] ("Jim Olson")

25 Jul 1997 00:39:03 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
X-Originating-IP: [206.170.66.215]
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just acquired the "C++ in 24 hours" reference book which contains the 
the GNU Win 32 compiler.  To make a long story short, I download your 
cdk.exe file and installed the software on drive D: using a directory 
CPP.  The current structure looks like this D:\CPP\gnuwin32... etc. 
(using the rest of the install defaults)

I added the set and path structures (to D: drive) as described in your 
FAQ into my autoexec.bat file and I also changed the mount points from 
C: to D: in all of the locations that are found in the registry.

I also used the latest cygwin.dll in both place I found the old one.

I added a bin and a tmp areas and even mounted them after a few tries 
before the mounting.

I am trying to compile the simple hello world program and it fails with 
error of C:\windows\temp\cc0010001\blah blah undefined reference to 
'cout'  A second error line (same as first) comes up for 'ostream' 

From the error message location of c:\windows... it appears that there 
might still be some pointers looking at drive C: which might be the 
problem that is also causing my errors.

I am at a loss on how to solve this problem.  Can you please help? 

Thanks you in advance.

Barry

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".