Subject: Re: Problems running usertools.exe & cdk.exe
From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Blackman)

23 Jul 1997 19:50:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: Robert Seeger <[email-masked]>
Original-cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Robert Seeger wrote:

> The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space
> available in the TEMP directory.

This is an InstallShield bug in some versions of IS - as I've built
numerous InstallShield scripts (especially for where I work), I'm very
familiar with this.  On occasion, this bug happens -not- because of a lack
of free space, but because there are -too many- files in the TEMP
directory.  Delete some of the files (ignoring the free disk space), and
my experience has been that this usually goes away.

> PS: Perhaps there should be a section in the FAQ for 'known problems with
> installation, and how to solve them' ?

Not a bad idea.  Cygnus folks?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".