Subject: Problems running usertools.exe & cdk.exe
From: [email-masked] (Robert Seeger)

23 Jul 1997 17:12:35 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Posted-Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0 (32)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi. I just found the GNU-Win32 tools, and I was quite excited to get them
installed on my system. However, I've run into a problem. I've seen
questions on this problem before (in the archives), but was not able to
find an answer. My problem is that, when I run either of the programs, I
get the following in an error dialog:

The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space
available in the TEMP directory.

However, I have plenty of space in my c: drive (where /TEMP is). I get the
feeling that the %s should actually be a filename, and that is what the
problem is, butI don't know what to do about it. I tried dowloading the
files from one of the other servers. I also tried dowloading through
netscape and through ftp (both binary). I still can't figure out what the
problem is. 

I'm running on NT4.0 Workstation (as administrator) on a pentium pro 200.
The system is brand new (2 days) and I have plenty of free space. I
dowloaded the files from the 'latest' directory.  If there is anything else
I should be specifying, let me know.

			Thanks in advance for any help,
			Robert Seeger

PS: Perhaps there should be a section in the FAQ for 'known problems with
installation, and how to solve them' ?
========================================
Robert Seeger
Network Engineer
Bay Networks

Telephone:	(518)237-2087
Pager:		(800)SKY-8888  Pin#1264792
Fax:		(518)237-4190
Email:		[email-masked]
Address:	224 5th Ave, Apt#2
		Lansingburgh, NY 12182
========================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".