Subject: telnetd and vim problems
From: [email-masked] ("Jerome Gay")

23 Jul 1997 08:04:47 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Jerome Gay" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Priority: 3
X-Msmail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.71.1008.3
X-Mimeole: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE Engine V4.71.1008.3
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Folks,

1. I got a problem with telnetd which looks like the problem reported by
Gilligan.
I installed the latest release of Sergey's coolview, I started telnetd and
talkd in inetd.conf, it looks fine, but when I try to connect via telnet I
received a 'connection closed' on the host I'm trying to connect from, and I
got the following dump from inetd (see below).
2. I also cannot run vim since I installed the latest coolview, when I start
vim, my terminal resizes itself and displays in odd colors, after that it
doesn't seem to accept anything from the keyboard, I choosed TERM=linux and
removed &7,@7 and cs= section as recommended in a previous post on this
list.
Thanks.

Jerome

"If a program is useful it will have to be changed,
 If a program is useless it will have to be documented"

inetd log :

ADD : telnet proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/libexec/in.telnetd
registered /usr/libexec/in.telnetd on 14
ADD : talk proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/libexec/in.talkd
FREE: talk proto=tcp, wait=0, user=root builtin=0
server=/usr/libexec/in.talkd
someone wants telnet
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 14
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) In
cygwin_except_handler exc C0000005 at BFF782B7 sp 253EDD8
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) Exception trapped!
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) exception C0000005 at
BFF782B7
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) exception: ax 0 bx 84
cx 41003C dx 41003C
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) exception: si 510EE4
di 94 bp 511 sp 253EDD8
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) Stack trace:
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) frame 0: sp =
0x253EBF0, pc = 0x1000D328
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) frame 1: sp =
0x253EC0C, pc = 0xBFF7663C
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) frame 2: sp =
0x253EC30, pc = 0xBFF859D9
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) frame 3: sp =
0x253ECC8, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) In
cygwin_except_handler exc C0000005 at 1000CF1A sp 253EBE8
(D:\GNUWIN32\B18\H-I386-CYGWIN32\SBIN\INETD.EXE 1066) Error while dumping
state (probably corrupted stack)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".