Subject: File name resolution ...
From: [email-masked] (Andy Bianchi)

23 Jul 1997 07:47:53 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.01Gold (WinNT; I)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

While trying to compile perl5.004 I ran across a problem with
the Configure script on NT4.0

To run this, I first started a cmd prompt (ms-dos prompt or
whatever they call them these days) and ran bash, I then
did sh Configure and everything was fine until it tried
to create the .config dir.

Looking at the Configure script it appeared to be trying to
do mkdir ../.config which failed.

When I tried to do this manually it also failed!!

In fact ls ../ didn't work!  If, however I do ls ../ from 
the dos prompt it works fine.

Is there some problem with file name resolution/globbing 
when running in 'UNIX' land??

I did a trace of ls (STRACE=5) and there is a line:

\\.\d:\gnuwin32\b18\.\u:\gnu\perl\cygnus\perl5.004_01\ =
 conv_to_win32_path (../)

Which to me looks very strange, ../ should be 
u:\gnu\perl\cygnus\perl5.004_01\ I would have thought.

Any ideas??

Andy
-- 
                                                          ///
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks" - Forrest Gump @ @
"A baby is Gods opinion that the world should go on"       >
                                                          \_/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".