Subject: cross-compile on SGI & SUN generate bad cygwin.dll
From: [email-masked] ("Philippe GIACINTI")

22 Jul 1997 02:21:11 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Face: ^cJc2\tiS@#Ja@7laz+N]T)kL{-Kay)Oz"?}p[wuY#}}dO"enP!QVO{,}&4P2V[hEfJD]9&
             E1ou~|tY/|9d&7c,7yf>7n: Zj8FD(LtPXWHzy^OJIDi/~O~R]3x/5}"7P;|,*%f:3Z!>h8Ff/&)g?/
             }$RXQ
X-Mailer: Z-Mail (3.2.3 08feb96 MediaMail)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi,

I'm using the b18 cdk sources.

I tried to cross-compile all cdk on a SGI (config.guess: mips-sgi-irix6.2), and
a SUN (config.guess: sparc-sun-solaris2.5).

My configure line was:
configure -v --target=i386-cygwin32 --prefix=/install
--exec-prefix=/install/cross --disable-libgloss --disable-gdb --disable-tcl
--disable-tk

I have handly added missing softlinks in generated i386-cygwin32 directory
(softlinks to ../include ../install-sh ../configure  etc ... )

Then the makes (version=3.70) worked fine, but when I try to use the generated
cygwin.dll on my NT4.0+SP3 Pentium Pro 200 box, I've got the "application
failed to initialize properly ..." message and the debugger shows me that
uninitialized memory is accessed.
Anyway I have generated small aplications which work fine with cygwin.dll from
binaries distribution.

Geoffrey Noer said, in a previous mail, that distributed binaries were
cross-compiled on a SUN station, so I think I missed something ...

Thanks for your help

-- 

 ==========================================================================
|                         Philippe GIACINTI                                |
|                                                                          |
| DALiM GmbH R&D                                email:  [email-masked]      |
| Daimler Strasse 2,                            tel:    +49.7851.9196-28   |
| D-77694 Kehl-Sundheim Germany                 fax:    +49.7851.73576	   |
|                                                                          |
 ==========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".