Subject: License for beta 19
From: [email-masked] (Tim Iverson)

18 Jul 1997 18:16:12 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <01BC93D6.9301BBA0@sos> from "Sergey Okhapkin" at Jul 18, 97 11:59:04 pm
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL25]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I just read the beta-19 license and I want to make sure I've understood it.

From the document, it looks like I (as an Embedded developer) cannot
use any program that uses cygwin32.dll unless it was distributed in
the original tarball by Cygnus; eg. I may not use (just use, not
redistribute) any of the free tools developed by, say, Sergey, nor
even any program I port from the net if it should use cygwin32.dll.

However, if I use the minimal win32, I can do as I please.  Correct?

It is unfortunate that I don't need cygwin32.dll -- if that were the
case, I'm sure we'd license it.  I was looking forward to being able
to run telnetd, but I guess that's not possible without some effort.
Oh, well, it can't be that much extra work to port simple stuff like
telnetd using Mingw32 (assuming I can find the time ;-).

- Tim Iverson
  [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".